Gut health and oral health are closely connected.
Find out how to keep your mouth and gut bacteria in
balance for optimal health and to avoid serious diseases.
Beauty Insider’s Best Toothpaste 2023!
Oral Health and Gut Health: What’s the Connection?
Gut health and oral health are closely connected.
Find out how to keep your mouth and gut bacteria in
balance for optimal health and to avoid serious diseases.
Our New Skin Care Range Is Here
They are finally here to complete the set! Upgrade your skin care routine
with our new Derma Botanica No.1 – Skin Cleanser and
Derma Botanica No.2 – Hydrating Toner!
Celebrating the healing power of natural botanicals in their safest and purest form. Sourced with great care and scientifically formulated, Botanica Culture products are proven to significantly benefit your physical, mental and spiritual health.
What are you looking for today?
We are Botanica Culture. We’re all up for your simple daily care with products that are good for your body and the environment.
Our Happy Customers
Our Happy Customers
Our Happy Customers
We test our formulations until we can guarantee they work. We only produce and sell products that do exactly what they say they will.
Our ingredients are certified by ECOCERT®, Australian Certified Organic and USDA Organic.
No Synthetic Chemicals
Our products are free from toxic chemicals such as SLS, PEG, fluoride, aluminium and parabens.
Cruelty-Free and Vegan
Our products are never tested on animals – we love them too much.
We believe less is more. Many of our products have multiple functions — better for the planet, and your purse.
We support people in need and organisations protecting our environment and its creatures.
Our products come pharmaceutical–grade bottles that protect your health.
Rigorous quality control
We retest all ingredients in our own lab to ensure they are authentic and not adulterated.
Carefully chosen suppliers
We source only from responsible suppliers who are aligned with our values and are committed to sustainable, organic farming.
News & Articles
What is erectile dysfunction?Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the inability to maintain an erection firm enough for satisfying sexual activity. Occasionally having difficulty maintaining an erection is normal but if it happens frequently and it consistently disrupts your sex life, it may be ED. The Cleveland Clinic estimates that men can have trouble getting or keeping an erection for up to 20 per cent of sexual encounters, and this is normal. However, if you struggle to “stand to attention” more than 50 per cent of the time, this can indicate a medical issue.
What are the different types of Erectile Dysfunction?
Premature ejaculationEjaculation before or shortly after penetration, without a sense of control. If this causes distress, it may be diagnosed as Premature Ejaculation (PE).
Delayed EjaculationDifficulty achieving sexual climax, sometimes to the point that there is no climax during sexual activity.
What causes Erectile Dysfunction?When a man is sexually stimulated, the blood vessels in the penis dilate and relax, allowing more blood to flow in and cause an erection. Blood fills two chambers of spongy tissue that run along the length of the penis. These are called the corpora cavernosa. ED can occur when the blood vessels in the penis fail to dilate properly. According to the Mayo Clinic, causes can be physical or mental:
- Issues with veins and arteries: Blood supply to the penis gets blocked or narrowed as a result of issues such as hardening of the arteries.
- Neurological issues (such as multiple sclerosis): Strokes, diabetes or diseases affecting the nerves can damage the nerves and stop them from sending impulses to the penis.
- Psychological: Stress, depression and performance anxiety can lead to ED.
- Trauma: An injury can cause symptoms of ED.
Erectile Dysfunction treatment using Activated Black Seed Oil?Black seed Oil is extracted from the seeds of the Nigella sativa plant, which has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years, especially in the Middle East and South Asia. In recent years, Black Seed Oil has gained popularity due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, including its ability to improve sexual function. But Black Seed oil alone is still lacking of some other vitamins, such as vitamin C, E, also the omega 3 and 9 are realtively low. It does not contain limonene (anticancer) and some other amino acids. This is the reason, why Activated Black Seed is formulated to close the gap. Activated Black Seed Oil takes the potent healing properties of Black Seed Oil and supercharges them by adding four more superfood ingredients — Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil (Cucurbita Pepo), Flax Seed Oil, Organic Oregano Oil and Organic Lemon Oil. This creates a powerful and targeted blend of compounds, omega fatty acids, Zinc, Vitamin E and amino acids to significantly reduce inflammation, promote immune system health and safeguard men’s sexual functions. The pumpkin seed oil is the power house of Vitamin E, and source ingredients for prostate health. Pumpkin seed oil is rich ich in zinc, carotenoids and phytosterols – compounds thought to support prostate health. There is more zinc in a healthy prostate than in any other area of the body, but levels are lower in men with BPH or prostate cancer. The flaxseed oil flaxseeds may help decrease PSA levels, and reduce aggressiveness of prostate tumors. Other benefits of flaxseed include important micronutrients such as magnesium, manganese, thiamin, and selenium. It is an excellent source of fiber, and also contains protein.
4 ways to use Activated Black Seed Oil for men’s health
1. How can Activated Black Seed Oil in treating with erectile dysfunction?Black Seed extract has been shown to improve the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. One study in rats found that it relaxed the blood vessels in the male rats’ corpus cavernosum (the columns of spongy tissue in the penis). This finding may support the use of Nigella sativa seed as a treatment for ED in humans. Combining Black Seed Oil with Pumpkin Seed Oil, as in Activated Black Seed Oil, is also beneficial in treating ED. Bursting with antioxidants, magnesium zinc and iron, Pumpkin Seed Oil improves prostate health and also contains Omega-6 essential fatty acids to regulate the reproductive system.
What happens when you combine Black Seed Oil with Pumpkin Seed Oil?A 2021 study found that supplementing the diet with pumpkin seeds improved several biochemical markers associated with ED in rats. These biochemical markers included PDE-5a and nitrous oxide. PDE-5a is an important molecule that regulates blood flow in the penis. Common oral medications for ED, such as Viagra and Cialis, work by inhibiting PDE-5a. When PDE-5a is inhibited, this leads to smooth muscle relaxation in the penis and a widening of penile blood vessels, increasing the flow of blood into the spongy tissues. Conversely, increasing nitrous oxide levels helps regulate blood flow and improves penile function by increasing blood flow into the penis. Pumpkin Seed Oil with Black Seed Oil can interact with the pathways of PDE-5a and nitrous oxide and assist in treating erectile dysfunction.
2. How Activated Black Seed oil protects prostate healthThe prostate is important for male sexual health, especially in the production of sperm cells. It is a small gland located below the bladder and helps to produce semen. It often gets enlarged as men age. Erectile dysfunction has been associated with an BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) or prostate gland enlargement. 70% of men with BPH experience erectile dysfunction. Black Seed Oil can alleviate symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate. One of the important ingredients in Black Seed Oil, thymoquinone, promotes healthy apoptosis (or natural cell death, which is important in good health) in prostate cells. In this way, Black Seed Oil helps the body to regulate the size and health of the prostate.
3. How Activated Black Seed Oil boosts sperm countA study examining both fertile and infertile men noted that Black Seed Oil can help sperm swim faster and boost sperm count. This may be beneficial for men who are struggling with both infertility and ED. Black Seed Oil has long been used in traditional medicine to tackle infertility and this Iranian study supported this use. Black Seed Oil was given twice a day for two months to a group of infertile men who had low sperm counts and slow-swimming sperm. A control group was given liquid paraffin. Sperm count, shape and size and the swimming speed improved significantly in the men taking Black Seed Oil compared with placebo group and daily intake of 5ml of Black Seed Oil for two months is now recommended. The structure, function, speed, and survival of sperm are negatively affected by oxidative stress, or too many free radicals in the body, and this can lead to infertility. Black Seed Oil has been shown to reduce the negative effects of oxidative stress by scavenging and destroying free radicals in the body and was found to be a remarkable antioxidant.
4. How Black seed Oil supports hormone balance and libidoA review of 24 studies on Black Seed Oil found that consuming this natural supplement can also increase testosterone, a male sex hormone, which can then help with fertility issues. Testosterone aids in boosting sexual and reproductive health by enhancing reproductive tissues, muscle and bone mass, and body hair. With improved testosterone levels, male infertility and sexual desire may also improve. Further investigation is needed to explore exactly how Black Seed Oil functions as an aphrodisiac.
How to take Activated Black Seed Oil?Don’t worry! You don’t have to apply Black Seed Oil to your nether regions! Just take ½–1 teaspoon every morning on an empty stomach. It has quite a strong taste but some people find it’s a great pick-me-up in the morning!
How Activated Black Seed Oil supports total healthAside from Activated Black Seed Oil’s benefits for men’s health, it is also a holistic treatment for complete wellness. It is traditionally said that Black Seed Oil can treat every disease except death. And as more research is conducted, this belief about its healing properties is being confirmed. Just a few of its many benefits include:
1. Healing EczemaEczema affects about 10% of people worldwide and occurs when the immune system reacts to something that irritates it. Eczema is a sign of inflammation in your metabolism. The compounds Thymol and Carvacrol in Black Seed Oil are effective in reducing inflammation in the body, while research has discovered that the lauric acid in Black Seed Oil is also responsible for preventing an eczema relapse in many patients.
2. Boosting hair growthBlack seed Oil is one of the best natural ingredients for hair, as it has antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory properties which protect the hair and scalp and lock moisture into the hair shaft. The high levels of thymoquinone, also stimulate hair follicles and encourage growth. A 2014 study showed that a blend of coconut oil and Black Seed Oil did help to promote hair growth. For hair, apply Black Seed Oil twice a day massaging into the scalp. This increases blood circulation in the hair follicles.
3. Reducing DiabetesAbout 422 million people globally have diabetes and it directly causes at least 1.6 million deaths each year. Since the mid 1990s, the number of people living with diabetes has increased almost four times, mostly because of the way people eat, move and live. Taking Black Seed Oil can improve blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. It may also improve cholesterol levels. Black Seed Oil enhances insulin production and glucose tolerance. It can also help with treating diabetes complications, such as neuropathy, or numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, and narrowing of the arteries. Black Seed Oil also reduces HbA1c — the average blood glucose level. The thymoquinone in Black Seed Oil increases insulin levels, decreases insulin resistance lowers glucose absorption in the intestines.
4. Enhancing Digestive healthActivated Black Seed Oil further enhances the power of Black Seed Oil by adding other potent healing ingredients, including Oregano Oil. This oil is commonly used to treat digestive problems: belly cramps, bloating and irritable bowel syndrome. Oregano Oil is high in carvacrol, which is known to act against bacteria that cause digestive discomfort. While the evidence for Black Seed Oil as a treatment for ED is still in its early stages, using it as a natural remedy or complementary therapy is ideal, and you can also reap its many other benefits while also using to improve ED. Black Seed Oil is generally considered safe, but it may interact with certain medications. It is important to talk to a healthcare provider before starting any new supplement or medication. Black Seed Oil may have potential benefits for improving sexual function in men, including the treatment of ED. By supporting hormone balance and increasing nitrous oxide levels, Black Seed Oil may help regulate blood flow and improve penile function. Additionally, Pumpkin Seed Oil may be beneficial for ED by improving several biochemical markers associated with ED in rats. While more research is needed to confirm the effectiveness of these natural remedies, they may be a helpful addition to conventional treatments for ED.
What is the gut and mouth microbiome?It might be freaky to think about but inside us — especially in our mouths and guts — there are trillions of microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, microbes, fungi and parasites): our microbiome. If our microbiome is healthy, everything runs smoothly and these “bugs” live happily together. Some are helpful (commensal bacteria, which benefit the body and the bacteria themselves!), while some can promote disease (pathogens) if they get out of balance. Everyone’s microbiome is unique, like a fingerprint, and is first determined by our DNA. Next, we are exposed to microbes and bacteria as we are being born and in breast milk. And then, our environment and diet start to affect our microbiome, making it more robust or beginning to cause damage to our health.
How does our microbiome get unbalanced?If we catch certain infections, take antibiotics for a long time, follow an unhealthy diet, drink and smoke, are under a lot of stress or don’t take care of our oral hygiene, the balance of our gut microbiome gets disturbed, the pathogenic bacteria multiply and this puts our health at risk. In the mouth, the microbiome is damaged when “bad” bacteria run rampant and start to eat away at our teeth and gums. This process is gradual and we don’t notice it at first. If we don’t brush and floss regularly, bacteria build up and coat our teeth and gums, forming the sticky film we call plaque. This coating also hardens on the teeth as tartar, the calcified deposits that the dentist must chip off our teeth. [caption id="attachment_4177" align="alignnone" width="484"] Calcified and discolored deposits of plaque[/caption] The coating of bacteria slowly begins to irritate the gums, causing them to become inflamed and to bleed. If left untreated, gum disease will set in, eroding the delicate gum tissue. Eventually teeth will become loose and may fall out, and gum disease can even reach the bones in the jaw, weakening them. [caption id="attachment_4169" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Stages of Periodontal Disease[/caption] Damaged gums also become “leaky” and bacteria can travel from the gums into our bloodstream, potentially causing serious diseases. Periodontal disease increases the body’s burden of inflammation and this may affect many parts of the body, even including artery inflammation.
How are the oral and gut microbiome connected?Your mouth is the gateway to your tummy; it’s like the bouncer at a nightclub. If this “bouncer” is working well, the crowd of bacteria that boogies on down from your mouth to your gut will behave and won’t get out of hand. But if the “bouncer” isn’t on the ball, gum disease can take over your mouth and all kinds of nasty, inflammatory bacteria from your teeth and gums can travel to your gut in your saliva, in what you drink and in your food. These bacteria then damage your gut microbiome, throw everything out of balance and can cause problems with both your physical and mental health, potentially contributing to horrible degenerative diseases such as dementia. Studies show that oral problems such as gum disease are clearly linked to other diseases that often start in the gut. Mouth bacteria have been found in rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and even heart disease. So, keep your mouth clean and well-cared for, and your tummy will thank you forever! In fact, taking care of your oral health can literally save your life. [caption id="attachment_4192" align="alignnone" width="600"] The oral cavity and gut are the two largest microbial habitats, playing a major role in microbiome-associated diseases.[/caption]
Can gut health cause problems with oral health?Unfortunately, the reverse is also true: bacteria from your gut can also damage your oral health. If the gut microbiome is damaged or unbalanced and there is an overgrowth of harmful bacteria in the gut, this can cause inflammation in the gut and even throughout the body, including the mouth. A swollen tongue, for example, can actually be a sign of vitamin deficiency or lowered immunity. Overgrowth of certain bacteria or fungi can bring on sores, ulcers or candida infections in the mouth. Red and inflamed gums are not always caused by plaque and can indicate that minerals are not being absorbed properly in your gut. These oral health issues all point back to poor gut health.
How do poor oral health and gut health cause serious diseases?It sounds extreme but if we don’t take care of our gum and gut microbiome, it can lead to all kinds of health problems and even put our lives at risk.
Heart Issues and Stroke
- Bacteria living in plaque can enter the bloodstream through bleeding gums or through tiny holes in the walls of the gut and eventually reach the heart, causing endocarditis, inflammation of the inner lining of the heart.
- Gum disease doubles your risk of getting diabetes and conversely, patients with diabetes frequently suffer from gum disease.
- A damaged gut microbiome can increase inflammation in the gut, which in turn increases hormone levels and inflammatory molecules in the bloodstream. These can trigger contractions in the wall of the uterus, leading to premature birth.
- Increased levels of pathogenic bacteria in the mouth from gum disease cause inflammation, not only in the mouth but throughout the body. Inflammation raises the risk of beta-amyloid plaques forming in the brain. The buildup of these plaques leads to dementia.
How to have healthy oral health and gut health?At this point, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by pathogen paranoia but take a deep breath and relax. There are a few key steps to keeping your mouth and gut microbiome in balance so you can live your best, healthiest life with a happy, thriving microbiome!
Effective Oral HygieneFollow these four steps to keep your teeth and gums happy, and your oral microbiome balanced:
- Floss or use interdental brushes. Always floss before brushing.
- Brush using a fluoride-free natural and organic toothpaste such as Oral Botanica to clean your teeth, prevent tooth decay and balance the oral microbiome. Most commercial toothpastes eliminate both “good” and “bad” bacteria, but Oral Botanica preserves the bacterial good guys, and these will also positively affect your gut. These “good” mouth bacteria release acids that control the harmful bacteria that cause tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
- Clean the tongue using a tongue scraper
- Rinse your mouth with a natural, alcohol-free mouthwash (Oral Botanica is a 3-in-1 liquid toothpaste, mouthwash and breath freshener – just add 2 drops to a small amount of water and swish in your mouth )
Regular dental cleaningNo matter how thorough we are, only a dentist can clean all the nooks and crannies around our teeth. Make sure you schedule a teeth-cleaning session every 3–6 months.
Nutrition for oral health and gut healthWhenever we eat, we’re also feeding the trillions of microbes in our oral and gut microbiomes, so it’s important to give them nutrients that make them thrive, encourage a diversity of microbes and keep them in balance. A lack of diversity in the microbiome can increase the risk of disease.
What should you eat to protect your oral health and gut health?We’ve been told since we were kids to avoid sugar to protect our teeth. While this is true, sugar and starchy foods are also unkind to our mouth and gut microbiomes and reduce the diversity of microbes living there. A mouth- and gut-friendly diet will include the following: Less:
- Processed food, which is full of preservatives and artificial additives.
- High-fructose corn syrup, maple syrup, table sugar, added sugar refined sugar
- Starchy foods and veggies (potatoes, root veggies). These upset the balance of the microbiome.
- Fruit juice, even if it is 100 per cent fruit. Concentrated simple carbs reduce the diversity of the microbiome.
- Fibrous and non-starchy green veggies: leafy greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale.
- Whole foods which are in their natural state.
- Fermented and probiotic foods such as sauerkraut, tempeh, miso or kefir to replenish your microbiome.
- Veggies like onions which contain prebiotic fibre. This feeds “good” bacteria.
7 ways to maintain your gut health and oral healthAll this information about our gut and mouth microbiome can be overwhelming. To keep you on the path to great gut and gum health, here are seven steps to a happy tummy and teeth, and a glowing, gorgeous you:
- Avoid abrasive, chemical toothpastes and harsh brushing, and make sure you spend 6 minutes a day brushing and flossing your teeth (3 minutes in the morning and 3 minutes at night).
- Cut down on sugar and processed foods
- Give up sweet fizzy drinks
- Eat more gut-friendly foods and probiotics
- Reduce inflammation in your body. Organic anti-inflammatory supplements such as Activated Black Seed Oil are full of 100% natural oils that calm irritation, boost immunity and eliminate pathogens in the body.
- Avoid harsh chemical mouthwashes or teeth whitening agents which destroy the good bacteria in the mouth.
- Watch your stress levels and think about focusing on simple joys rather than what social media says is important.
Is It Possible for Receding Gums to grow back? Can bone loss in your teeth be reversed?Amazingly, we have recently seen evidence that is possible to reverse receding gums and start the process of regenerating the bones in the teeth, allowing new bone to grow! It’s hard to believe and might sound like a salesperson’s crazy exaggeration but this wonderful outcome has occurred for one of our Oral Botanica customers. Ms Kim (53) had undetected gum disease and only found out about the dire state of her teeth after seeing three different dentists. The last dentist told her that she would probably need to have a tooth removed because there was a gap in the gum (called a periodontal pocket) and this gap was already about 7mm wide. The dentist cleaned her teeth and gums as much as he could and asked her to return for the extraction in about four months. Let’s have a look at her dental X-rays [caption id="attachment_3936" align="alignnone" width="400"] Ms Kim's x-ray of her teeth before using Oral Botanica[/caption] The “before” image shows the effects of the severe gum infection (a periodontal pocket – a space or opening surrounding the tooth under the gum line). This pocket has become filled with infection-causing bacteria. Unfortunately, the trapped bacteria has led to gum disease. This is causing her gums to erode and recede, and the X-ray shows that her tooth is also damaged. The “pocket” around her tooth is at least 7 mm deep (1mm is about the depth of a credit card). Unfortunately, a gap of 7–12mm means that advanced periodontitis is setting in.
How to treat a periodontal pocket and prevent bone loss?To treat this periodontal pocket, Ms Kim’s dentist needed to deeply clean the area around the tooth. He then made the unfortunate discovery that her receding gums had also led to bone loss. This often happens when the bacteria trapped in the pocket start to eat away at the tooth itself. The dentist felt that Ms Kim would probably lose her tooth because it no longer had any support from her gums and had been weakened by the bacteria. The solution he proposed was to pull out the tooth and replace it with a tooth implant. If her jawbone had become too weak, she may also have needed jawbone-grafting, a drawn out and costly process where bone, is added to your jaw so that dental implants can be fixed in place. These methods are both extremely expensive, and can be painful and complicated. Luckily, that’s not the end of the story!
How to treat bone loss in teeth naturallyBefore opting for a surgery, Ms Kim decided to focus on her oral care. At that time, one of Ms Kim’s friends gave her a bottle of Oral Botanica and she began using it diligently every morning and evening. She also rubbed it directly on her gums. The results? Six months later, Ms Kim returned to the dentist, who took X-rays of the tooth and surrounding bone. He could hardly believe his eyes! The bone around the tooth had started to grow back and there was no longer any need to remove the tooth! [caption id="attachment_3938" align="alignnone" width="400"] Ms Kim's x-ray teeth after using Oral Botanica[/caption] You can clearly see that the affected tooth is starting to regenerate and the periodontal pocket is becoming smaller. Ms Kim still has her tooth and it is becoming more stable as time goes by. Her mouth and gums are also healing and gaining strength. This is very encouraging news for anyone who has been told that their gums and teeth are beyond repair and may soon fall out.
What are the natural remedies for receding gums and bone loss in teeth?The six powerful oils in OBC are anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, naturally healing and restorative. We specifically selected essential oils with a long history of use in traditional dental care. Scientific studies are now supporting their effectiveness in protecting and healing teeth and gums. Oral Botanica Classic is created by using our proprietary technology to extract components from essential oils that are highly effective in balancing the microbiome in the mouth. These include Tea Tree Oil, Clove Oil, Myrrh Oil, Peppermint Oil, Spearmint Oil and Almond Oil. However, we have not merely mixed the essential oils together. The power of Oral Botanica comes from the way we have extracted the very specific components from each essential oil, and carefully balanced and calibrated the proportion of each extract. Ms Kim’s results are very exciting and indicate that Oral Botanica has even more powerful healing properties than we initially realised. Of course, we need further results from a wider sample of customers to prove conclusively that OBC can regenerate teeth bones and restore receding gums, but this is a very promising discovery.
What are the causes of receding gums and bone loss in teeth?So that you don’t have to go through the same stress as Ms Kim, it’s important to understand why people suffer from receding gums and bone loss in their teeth. Receding gums don’t appear overnight, it’s a step-by-step process of increasingly tricky teeth and gum problems.
GingivitisIt starts with gingivitis, a gum infection caused by the build-up of plaque in the mouth. If your gums bleed or are swollen, this is a clear sign that gingivitis is making a home in your mouth.
PlaquePlaque is that sticky layer that coats your teeth and gums. It’s is made up of a gross mixture of bacteria and food debris. And it’s crucial that you remove by brushing and flossing carefully, at least twice a day. If you don’t remove it, it can harden into tartar, which your dentist has to chip off your teeth. This plaque also speeds up gingivitis and leads to receding gums and worse, gum disease!
Gum DiseaseIf the plaque continues to sit on your teeth, it will eat away at gum tissue causing those nasty periodontal pockets, which get deeper and wider. Eventually bacteria can start to dissolve the jaw bone, making teeth unstable and prone to falling out.
What are the symptoms of the receding gums?Most people don’t realise that their gums are receding. This is because the process is so gradual and initially quite painless. Some signs of receding gums are:
- Wobbly teeth that can move when you touch them
- Overly-sensitive teeth, especially when you have hot or cold foods or drinks
- Teeth that appear longer because more of the tooth is now visible
- Being able to see the roots of the teeth
- Changes in tooth colour, because you can see the root cementum
- Spaces between your teeth getting larger
- Cavities below the gum line
- Inflamed gums
- Bleeding gums when you brush or floss
- Bad breath.
How far before the teeth fall out in receding gums?Gums can recede to the extent at which the uppermost portion of the root becomes visible. The tooth ligament and bone can then be damaged, even though can’t see this. If you can see the root of your tooth because the gum has receded, it’s really important to see your dentist, start being vigilant about caring for your teeth and also begin using Oral Botanica immediately.
Tips to prevent receding gums and bone loss?Prevention is always better than cure. So rather than trying to treat a periodontal pocket or receding gums, nip any problems in the bud from the start.
- Brush at least twice a day with a soft tooth brush or an electric tooth brush.
- Make sure you brush correctly (see blog)
- Use Oral Botanica Classic with its six natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial ingredients
- You can also use Oral Botanica daily as a mouthwash to dissolve plaque.
- Floss before brushing to remove bacteria and food particles from between teeth.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks because they can speed up gingivitis and increase bacteria in your mouth
- Brush your teeth immediately after eating anything sugary.
- Eat lots of fruit, vegetables and foods that are high in vitamins. Studies show that people with low levels of CoQ10 can lead to gum diseases.
- Schedule a dentist’s visit once every 6 months for a professional tooth cleaning and scaling.
Join the Botanica Culture Care Club
Sign up and join our culture of care. Botanica Culture Care Club grants you access to earn special points and exclusive discounts every time you shop with us!
Follow Us @botanicaculture
Tell us about your experience!
Embrace organic lifestyle
💧Effective Toothpaste Oral Botanica
👸Indulge in luxurious skincare
💊Boost Your Health Naturally with Our Natural Supplement
Stay In Touch With Us
Sign up now and expand your experience with wellness tips, news and special offers and more!